Unfortunately, I have not been able to release the content update that I wanted this month. It turns out there is just too much that needs to be added. And I want to organize the game in a way that is future friendly. I have been creating a mission editor that will allow me and others to create new stories and objectives to the game. I have also added new features to the game that will allow me to expand the story across a galaxy. I have co-written an end to end story arch and it should be about 20 – 30 missions long. This should make the game many hours long when its done. I still plan on releasing the content in stages or maybe even in chapters.
Below is a list of new features I have added since November
- Fixed many bugs
- Added Jump gates to cross solar systems.
- Created Cross solar system saving
- Created a galaxy map with about 80 potential solar systems
- Each map node can now have a different looking solar system map
- Solar systems now have names
- Solar system map now has co-ordinates
Can click on the main screen/Nav map to pick ships/planets/gates
- Adding tabs to missions (Solar System Missions/Galaxy Missions/Bounty Missions)
- Added tabs and descriptions for cargo items (general cargo/mission cargo/freight cargo)
- Added the notion of Achievements
Achievement table that shows you what secrets you found in the game and hints to the ones you have not found.
- Adding the notion of Factions
- Show faction colors in menu lists and maps
Added a table that shows you the factions and how much they like you or not and you can click on them to read about the faction.
- Added about 10 factions
- Ships have good points and faction points when they are killed
- If you kill a ship not only will you lose points for that ships faction but you can now gain points for another faction
- Added 10 new people graphics
- Cargo can now stack
The ability to show a description for both mission and non mission items. These descriptions can be used to give clues to players on how to solve puzzles in quests.
- Created one new song
- Can now switch the players ship to any ship
- Can now add ships that follow the player
Changed the tables to have pages. Example: if there are too many cargo items then the rest go on the next page.
Added a status button that shows the player their ship status/XP/good and evil points etc..
Added scripting and saving to new features